Thursday 12 August 2010

Alternatives to Roger's Internet

When I first came to Canada in 2007 I've signed up for the Rogers's Lite Internet package which offered 60 GB of bandwidth with 1Mbps upload and 128 Kbits download speeds. My monthly usage never went over this limit and speed was adequate for my needs. One year later Rogers reduced its allowance for this package to 25 GB for new customers, and later for existing customers as well. Recently Rogers went farther by reducing monthly usage allowance to just 15 GB for new customers. And of course all these cuts happened without any reduction in price. I assume that existing customers can expect service cuts some time soon.

Is there any alternatives to the Rogers in Vaughan?

3 comments:

Ben Hearsum said...

I know many people that swear by Teksavvy. They're an ADSL reseller. Their plans are reasonably priced and (IIRC) the cheapest one has 200GB of traffic included, and the next one up is unlimited.

The downside to going with Teksavvy (or any other reseller) is that if you've got issues you're at least two hops from the people that will actually fix it. You call Teksavvy, they call Bell, they dispatch a technician. It can be slower and somewhat painful.

http://teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp

Ben Hearsum said...

Turns out that they resell cable now too, which is quite exciting.

Dmitry Rozhkov said...

Thanks for the suggestion, seems quite interesting, I will call them to find out if service is available in my area